Pro's and Con's for choosing Good News Auto
Pro's - Reasons for choosing Good News Auto Repair
- A business with a powerful mission statement.
- If a job takes less time we have no problem charging less.
- We use our profits to educate people about their vehicles.
- No random shop supplies charge on the bottom of your bill.
- No gender discrimination
- Your allowed to talk to your mechanic.
- Your allowed in the back of the shop to see whats wrong with your vehicle.
- Fair pricing on all our parts.
- We save your old parts for you to see.
- Unless you agree, we never charge more than quoted.
- We have an annual draw for a $2500 visa card. For every $100 you spend your name gets entered. No purchase necessary.
- We have workshops designed for you to learn about your vehicle and the things to do to save money.
- We have car care clinics designed to show you about basic maintenance on your vehicle.
- If the owner of the shop is in and you want to talk... just ask
Con's - Reasons for not choosing us
- You have had a bad experience at a shop before and are not wanting to feel like that again.
- You have never been to shop before and are nervous.
+ Fluid Cost
Complete Vehicle Inspection
Complete Brake Inspection
My name is Chris Ferland and I am one of the owners of Good News Auto. My family has been in the auto repair business for 3 generations so it was a natural choice for me.
After spending 14 years as a drug addict ending up in the lower east side of Vancouver, I had a choice, die or take a second chance in life. I chose to let go and join the real world. That decision came on April 29th 1998 and I cannot believe how amazing life can be. We started Good News Auto for one reason, so we could have a sustainable way of fixing cars for struggling families, single mom's/dad's and for the elderly. Our advertising says we don't keep our profits and this is 100% true, we use our retail auto repair profits (after operating cost) to help support JumpStart. We pay all our bills and then set the rest aside for this program. When you get your vehicle repaired here you are helping others fix theirs. Since September 5th, 2012, along with our partnering churches, businesses and your help we have subsidized over $200,000.00 in repairs... Now that's something to talk about.
"We specialize in general auto repair just like most shops in Edmonton BUT Good News Auto Repair is the only mechanic shop in Canada that uses it's profits the way we do. Everytime you get your vehicle repaired at our shop, we take the profit from that repair (after operating cost) to fund education workshops, car clinics matched savings and safety repairs. So far, since we opened our doors in 2012 we have funded over $200,000 through our JumpStart fund."
If you have not noticed yet, we do things different at Good News Auto... We Want You to feel heard, valued and to save money as you go... Our prices are typically about 10%- 30% less than others with our loyalty card that lets you earn money as you get your vehicle repaired. We always save some space for emergency repairs in the schedule... if you need to book in, simply call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Card must be presented to receive loyalty discount.